Dip Powder offers many advantages over the more traditional acrylics and gels nail, without the odor or the UV light. It basically putting a coat of super glue on your nail followed by dipping the nail in colored powder while it is still wet. We do that 2 or 3 times per nail, then follow it with an activator to help the glue set. File and buff your nails so they are smooth, rinse your hands in water, put on another coat of activator followed by a gel top coat. Nails are dry within 5 minutes and hard as rocks.
Here is how our process works and what you need:
- Apply Step#1 - Prep to all fingers
- Apply Step#2 - Apply probase to one finger (do one hand at one time)
- Dip finger into powder
- Apply Step#2 - Probase again
- Dip finger into powder again
- Repeat Step#2 through #5 until all five fingers are done.
- Apply Step#3 - Activator to the all five fingers, make sure you get a generous amount on the nails and all the edges (including capping the front edges)
- Repeat Step#2 through #7 for the second hand
- Use a fine grit file to hand file the surface of the nail, all the edges, and cuticle area.
- Wash both hands with only water – NO SOAP!
- Dry both hands completely with a towel – water will affect adhesion of the Finish Gel.
- Apply a thin layer of Step#3 - Activator to one hand, then wait about 30 seconds
- Apply Step#4 – Finish gel quickly to all five fingers
- Apply second coat of Step#4 – Finish Gel to all five fingers again.
- Repeat Steps#12 through #14 for the second hand.
- Your nails should be dry to touch after one minute – apply cuticle oil to nail beds.